Are you using a MetaMask login to secure your assets? If yes, do you know that the MetaMask wallet allows you to create more than one account under one wallet?
Well! You might wonder, how is it even possible? So, let me tell you that MetaMask uses a specific kind of security facet named "private key" which is used to secure the MetaMask account. And, multiple accounts are possible because every account is secured with a different private key. This key is used to import your account and its data to another supported wallet.
Are you looking for a way to export the private key of your MetaMask wallet? No worries, in this read, we will learn, how can you reveal the private key of your MetaMask login as well as how can you share your private key with others. Here is the complete guide to walk through but make sure you have performed MetaMask log in successfully to move further.
Once you have created your wallet, you can access the private key of your account and can export it to any compatible crypto wallet. The process to perform the same is quite straightforward, all you have to do is follow the write-up carefully.
Pathway to follow for MetaMask extension
- 1.Perform the MetaMask log in and navigate to the "Accounts" ideneticon.
- 2.Pick up the account for that you want to export the private key from the prompted list.
- 3.Press the (3-dots) icon from the prompted page.
- 4.Hit the "Account Details" > "Export Private Key" option located there.
- 5.Here, you'll be asked to provide the MetaMask log in password.
- 6.Input the same accurately and proceed by clicking "Confirm".
- 7.A key in form of jumbled text will be prompted in the private key field.
This is all you need to do in order to reveal your wallet account's private key, now you can copy the text and can send it to anyone you trust.
Pathway to follow for MetaMask application
- 1.Open the MetaMask and perform log in there.
- 2.Go to the "Accounts" icon; click and navigate to select a preferred account.
- 3.Now, scroll through the prompted menu and hit the "Settings" option.
- 4.Press the "Security and Privacy" option from the dropdown menu.
- 5.Scroll to the following page and hit the "Show Private Key" button.
- 6.Afterward, you will be asked to provide your MetaMask log in password.
- 7.The key will be prompted to your screen, copy it on clipboard and share it where you prefer.
MetaMask allows you to export your private key to any supported wallet. You can make use of this read to take assistance in doing so easily. Private key is the vital facet to secure your account, so it is always advised to keep it safe and unshared with anyone. If you are sharing it, make sure you are sharing it with the person you can trust completely, else, it can lead you to face a big loss.